Monday, July 1, 2013

Have you heard about The Birthday Project? I'm trying it out...

Have you heard about The Birthday Project?  I'm a big fan & I'm trying it out!

Here's their mission:

The mission of The Birthday Project is to create a shift in the way people from all walks of life think about and celebrate their birthday (and other milestones).  The Birthday Project serves as a source of information and inspiration on the infinite ways to do this, including highlighting lesser-known charities, insight on party/event ideas, tips on charitable giving, testimonials from both those participating in this movement and recipients of random acts of kindness and much, much more.

I love reading about others' creative ways to use random acts of kindness to celebrate the milestones in their lives.  July is my birthday month--and I'm turning the big 4-0, baby.  So, rather than wallow in the last 40 years, how I've spent them, and how I'll spend my time left (which is, frankly, my usual M.O.), I've decided to create my own Birthday Project.  During the month of July, I'm performing 40 acts of kindness to celebrate my soon-to-be 40 years!  I intend to get my family involved (although they don't know that yet).  Stay tuned for pics & deets.

Here's the text for the calling card I've created to accompany surprises I'll be leaving in various places for others to discover:

Hi there!  I’m turning 40 this month & 
I’m celebrating by giving to others!  
Have a great day!


In the meantime, today's our first real day of "summer" (read: first weekday since summer school let out).  We're in full-Lego mode around here.  How about you?

Have a great day!
~Melissa




No comments:

Post a Comment