Friday, June 28, 2013

What If I Actually Tried Some of Those 500+ Pins I've Pinned On Pinterest? Experiment #1

I was rearranging my Pinterest boards this week and realized I have pinned over 500 (five hundred!) ideas, few of which I've actually tried.  So, I've decided to begin a new series--What If I Actually Tried Some of Those 500+ Pins I've Pinned on Pinterest?

Experiment #1 is this Pin on my "Crafty" board:

Apologies to the originator of this idea, but this Pin goes to a parked site, so I am without anyone to credit.


First, I gathered supplies & tools:  Two different sizes of cans, some jute, a glue gun & glue sticks:



Then, I went to work wrapping & gluing.  I started with the bigger can and from the bottom up.  Here's an in-progress shot:


I wrapped & glue the smaller can from the top.  My tips & impressions?  It goes much faster if you can keep the glue gun in your hand while gluing & wrapping (rather than repeatedly setting it down & picking it up).  Also, I think it was easier to keep the jute horizontally straight/level when working from the top down, but the finish at the top of the can looks better on the bigger can that I wrapped and glued from the bottom up...


Here's the finished product--2 ways:

From a can of soup to a shabby-chic stylin' vase



From a can of pinto beans & a can of soup to 2 containers with bath supplies for a visiting guest

What Pins have you tried out or do you hope to try out?

Stay tuned for more experiments in What If I Actually Tried Some of Those 500+ Pins I've Pinned on Pinterest?

Have a great weekend!
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment